One day, momma web and I were hanging out at her house during spring break trying to figure out what to have for dinner and we wanted to try something new because we were tired of having the same thing over and over. We knew we wanted a pasta dish, but we didn’t want just your typical spaghetti dinner. Mom found some ingredients that she had in the house and threw it together into a glass dish and basically created a chicken noodle casserole! This recipe is super freaking easy, and perfect for when you don’t want to slay over the stove top all day!
- 1 Box of noodles (we usually get bow tie)
- Rotisserie Chicken
- A small bag of frozen peas
- 2 cans of cream of chicken soup
- A bag of shredded cheddar jack cheese
- ¾ cup of milk
- A bag of croutons (I like to crush them into smaller pieces)
- Cook the box of noodles according to the directions on the box.
- While the noodles are cooking, preheat your oven to 350 degrees and start shredding your rotisserie chicken into pieces and set them aside on a plate until your noodles are done cooking.
- Once the noodles are done, strain your noodles and put them in a 9×13 glass casserole pan. After that, add your chicken, 2 cans of cream of chicken soup, and ¾ cup of milk into the pan and mix it up.
- After that, mix in as much or as little of the bag of frozen peas as desired. We usually add ½ to ¾ of the bag.
- Top the casserole with as much or as little cheese as desired and your crushed croutons.
- Pop the pan in the oven for 15-20 minutes and bon appetit!
This is a very popular dish now in our household, just because it makes so much, and we always love having it for leftovers. Let me know if you end up recreating this dish and share your thoughts with me, I would love to hear what things you added or changed up!